2009/09/26

Graphic Lyrism vol. II

The rain makes no sense without you.
The sun shines dimmer when you’re gone.
My notion of being dawdles around, as I count the days until we meet again.


Thundering
Numbness.
The idle seem to fade, as they walk on by without_
Emptiness.
Your empty, stripped bed.
Your white linen mocks my loneliness
Your smell… it fades
And goes
And I run away to get a hold of… of your voice.
I reach to you
I hold your hand and tell you not to be afraid.
Like a cane,
Like the fortress of your strong, established self.
Like the soothing aid that rises to meet your pain
Like me. Just me. Simply my unconditional self that I offer, on a daily bases.

Where once it was warm, now there is nothing but glacial desperation
And a cooling mattress.
We had time…
There was time.
There was no time.
It didn’t matter.


I remember the intimacy of soft-spoken words bejeweled with devotion.
Yearning
and conformed solitude.
What is left?
What is left… is
That
that I dissolve in the placid endeavor of letting you go.
Is that
Joy?
When you tell me all about your life
And when you hear all about mine
And when you wonder when will I return
I stay silent.

…hush…
For the only thing that is even similar to happiness, the sole thing in this strange, menacing world that can make me
Breathe
(Amidst this all)
is both your handsome smile
and your stern, solid face.
It is the magic that oozes from you when you focus
And try
And strive
And win
And conquer your inner aspirations.

It is the overall security
The full reassurance
The one true home that I find, in you.

(I long for your... presence, sprawled over some armchair like you were part of the furniture.
I dream of you, and your moony poise as you caressed everything around you with a single, sweet, attentive hand motion.
I sometimes come to the extreme of seeing you, lying in front of me, reading pensively and losing track of time.
It figures...)



You know,… your sheets do look ridiculous without you in them.
Without you being here, at all.
Why does everything seem so scarily preposterous, and fastidiously absurd… I don’t know.
Nor will I ever.

I love you entirely.
and you saved me without even knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment